Announcing: Make Me Maid of Honor on Sequel


“Eloise just told me the news, and I knew I needed to speak with you immediately.” Grandmother said.

“Yes, grandma?” I asked, with an exasperated sigh.

“I’m very glad she wants me to host the wedding party. I have plenty of charms and barriers in place, and the night before the wedding will be the worst. They never came for your mother, but her gift was subtle. Eloise is in considerably more danger.”

“Danger?” I said, squinting my eyes as I looked out the window at the night street below. “Danger from what?”

“The Demon Fey and the Incubus of course.” Grandmother said as though it were the most logical thing in the world. “They will try to steal Eloise’s power.”

Here comes the Demonic Wedding Crasher.

Wedding bells are ringing for Annabella's Beloved older sister, Eloise, and Annabella has been named maid of honor. A dire warning comes to Annabella from their superstitious Grandmother Roxanne: Eloise has supernatural powers and during her wedding she will be vulnerable to attack. It's up to Annabella and the other bridesmaids to protect Eloise from a shape-shifting incubus hell-bent on stealing Eloise's gifts.


I wrote the first draft of Maid Me Maid of Honor for Camp NaNoWriMo in 2012. Yeah. 2012. That's how long I've sat on this thing! Out of all the times I've completed a NaNoWriMo, this was the project I felt turned out the best and was the most fun to write. The idea came to me when I was reading up on wedding folklore and I read that bridesmaids were originally supposed to protect the bride from evil spirits. I took that idea and RAN WITH IT!!! 

Some time ago, I joined a website called Sequel which allows writers to put out serial novels to subscribers. It's something I've been wanting to try out, and I figured this project would be the best to give it a go. With some lovely cover art by Emily Sodders (Bird House Studio), I'm publishing chapters on Sequel every week.

You can come subscribe to Make Me Maid of Honor on Sequel HERE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaNoWriMo 2020: Passing 10,000

Make Me Maid of Honor: Meet the Bridesmaids

My First Dark Night of the Soul